Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Speed Knitting Question

A question came up about how fast someone can hand knit. I found documentation that the record is 255 stitches per 3 minutes.

Comment from Christina, Delta (4/7/2007 2:12 pm):
I have a silly question. Silly because knitting is fun, soothing, and meets my compulsive, obsessive, yet creative side and should just be enjoyed; yet something I wonder anyways. I find myself counting and figuring how many stitches I do per minute, therefore … I come up with a quesstimate as to how long a project will take me to complete. So, what is an average stitches per minute for a knitter anyways? I hope to improve my technique and speed and just wonder where I’m at. Thanks for indulging my silliness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That makes me look like I am in knitting kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete